Improving Links with school
To keep your children safe and ensure their well-being, we are constantly looking for ways to improve our links with you and keep everyone up-to-date and well informed.
We have valued your feedback from Consultation Evenings and parental questionnaires regarding communication. Sending written information home is sometimes unreliable; we have decided to implement Schoolcomms, an electronic school communication system. This will enable you to receive all your information from school quickly and reliably.
Using Schoolcomms, we can send letters by email to your inbox and short messages directly to your mobile phone as a text message, or if you have an Apple or Android mobile phone, by free app message.
This new system allows parents to:
- Receive letters more reliably and promptly
- See letters in your inbox like any other email
- Get a short text or app message if we need to contact you urgently
- Still get paper letters if you don’t have email
- Not have the need to rely on your child for delivery
- Be able to reply by email, text or app message
- Pay online for items such as lunches, trips and revision guides
- Existing methods of payment are still available.
- Send more letters and information
- Save money on admin time, printing and paper
- Contact you urgently when necessary for example unavoidable school closures.
The school will use the email address and mobile number that we hold for the Priority one contact(s) in our database. A copy of this information will be emailed to the Priority one contact registered with school, if you do not receive the email version or if you are not certain that we have your correct details, please contact the school.
If you change your contact details please let the school know as soon as possible.
Schoolcomms is registered under the data protection act. All information you provide will be kept private and will not be passed on to any other organisation. Your details will only be used for the purpose of school business. You will not receive any SPAM or marketing material.
DOWNLOAD THE GATEWAY Free App
Improved text messaging system – and you can help the school save money.
We have received an update from Schoolcomms regarding the Gateway app (May 2015).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: For parents using the School Gateway app to make payments:
As part of an industry wide move to protect card details from attack, Payment Card Industry compliance standards (PCI-DSS) have recently been updated to disallow old and flawed encryption standards. Unfortunately Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) or earlier does not support the new encryption standards.
This means that with immediate effect, parents may find that they can’t make payments through the School Gateway smartphone app or the School Gateway website when using an Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) or earlier device.
Those affected by this issue can still pay by:
- Going to www.schoolgateway.com website
- via PC/laptop
- Downloading and using the Chrome browser on their Android 4.3 device
- Using the School Gateway app on a different device, running a newer version of Android
Later this term, the option to pay via Instant Bank Transfer, will appear in the School Gateway app. This will be a faster way for parents to pay school and will not be affected by the abov